The lessons are tailored for bilingual children. In the classroom I combine methods of teaching Russian as a native and as a foreign language.
Children learn grammatical phenomena with examples of catchy models and schemes. The material is concentrically located which means that a child accumulates the information progressively while at the same time constantly repeats all the previous material. This ensures a smooth ride through simple to more complex material and solidifies knowledge with minimum effort.
New language themes are broken up into smaller segments. Each segment is complemented with special linguistic practices or games for a more relaxed and effective learning. While studying grammatical aspects of the language we continuously train the child on spelling and word formation rules.
What we do in the classroom with 4 - 6 year old children
- Reading and dramatizing literary texts (to develop creative thinking skills and interaction with other participants)
- Drawing and discussing the pictures (to develop dialoguing skills)
- Inventing stories based on pictures (to develop the monologue speech skills)
- Learning how to write: from drawings and charts to writing letters, syllables and words
What we do in the classroom with 7 - 9 year old children
- Reading and interpreting literary texts (learning to form the reader's position)
- Developing written skills through creative imitation
- Learning basic grammatical constructions and using them actively through games
- Playing role and linguistic games